The National Pharmacy Museum was decided upon by the PSSA National Executive in 1950 and two members of the executive, Bennet Jacobson and Aaron Kramer, were appointed to collate the collection. A room was allocated in the Society’s offices in Braamfontein.
Professor Chris Price was appointed curator. Travelling to Johannesburg became a problem and A. H. Bridge, who was head of the School of Pharmacy, took over as the curator and became involved in building up the collection. He also found that he could not devote the necessary time and resigned in 1957.